Indian Lake "Moon-set"

Indian Lake "Moon-set"
The moon was setting over the south shore last month.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Transformations

I have been exploring motion in my photography for years. I love the ability of the camera's shutter to either stop action, or intentionally blur it.  We can literally see the unseen. I have always admired the lovely murals on the walls and ceiling in the Young Building on the Salve University campus. While teaching there, I had the opportunity to photograph them. I crafted these images by shooting in the  darkened ballroom using a slow shutter speed with a low ISO. The exposure was one half second at f/8.  I held the camera in hand, and zoomed the lens during the exposure. Later, in Photoshop, I added grain and an texture overlay, as well as a wide border to further realize my vision. 


Jan D Armor
401.783.8232 or 401.441.5517
8 Indian Trail North

Wakefield, RI 02879





Posted via email from Jan Armor's posterous

No comments: