Indian Lake "Moon-set"

Indian Lake "Moon-set"
The moon was setting over the south shore last month.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Encased in Ice

We are inside an ice cube here in Rhode Island,USA. (But then we could be in Chicago.) Temp here is 33 degrees, and every branch is coated in ice. The cars, the street, the bird feeders, and our driveway... all encased. But when I look closely, damn, I can see buds on those branches, little tiny promises that Spring is just around the corner. The groundhog might just be right!
So since I'm pretty much trapped here on Indian Lake, I've decided to switch seasons, virtually that is, and explore those Vermont pictures that I never got around to, summer of 2007. The hasty cutout of "Young Lady of the Corn" comes from a series I shot of the kids jumping into Dorset Quarry. Took hundreds, had the boys doing flips for me, and think these could make a fun video. Maybe for tomorrow. Anyway, I'm thinking summer...

Stay Warm,

Jan Armor

Posted via email from Jan Armor's Fine Art Photographs

No comments: