Indian Lake "Moon-set"

Indian Lake "Moon-set"
The moon was setting over the south shore last month.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cormorant #3

Untitled-8997

We might call this "Reflection" or "Bird On The Boulder" or some such. I'd rather call this "Amazing," not the title mind you, but the technology involved in producing this image. I shot my favorite Coirmorant just 8 minutes ago from my deck, and imported to Lightroom for crop and minor adjustments, then out to this email. I have memories not too long ago of packaging film up and sending the rolls off to the lab for processing and proofing, first step, then when they are returned, flipping through paper proofs, making piles, choosing the best, and off again to the lab for printing final picture. Best case, two weeks via mail, probably longer. Furthermore, here we are 2011 and many eyes will see this within hours of my clicking the shutter, not just mine and my staff back in 1995. Wow, things have changed, and I do call this "amazing."

Jan Armor

Posted via email from Jan Armor's Fine Art Photographs

No comments: