Indian Lake "Moon-set"

Indian Lake "Moon-set"
The moon was setting over the south shore last month.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Old Oak,Pardon Gray Preserve

I've been taking pictures here for several years. The main feature of the preserve is an ancient cemetery out in the middle of a cultivated. It is an island of trees pushing up the old stones, defined by a beautiful Rhode Island classic stone wall. There are a few other trees that stand guard, this Oak being one. It has a magnificent shape, with beautiful limbs. It is a tree with the character of an old Yankee farmer.

1 comment:

Cris Paiva said...

I love photography, and surrounding areas.. as i chilled living here there and everywhere,I have seen many almost ancient estates. I'm thrilled to know there are others out and about who have the same interest..That tree has always stuck in my head as well as the cemetery. I had the chance to walk quite a distance, following a map threw weetamoe woods, to find this cemetery .I was impressed to be able to visit the site, from a closer distance than the road. very well maintained, and ur pic captures the true essence of the land..I am now interested in finding info on the persons who remain in the plot and there connection to one another..
-Cris , little rody boi